About the Chamber
Established in 1934, the Salem-Roanoke County Chamber of Commerce has worked to strengthen the business climate of the community. The Chamber is operated through a volunteer board of directors that determines policies and sets goals. A president presides over all board meetings. Day-to-day operations are managed by a paid executive director and support staff. Chamber members are encouraged to participate as volunteers for committees and events. The Chamber's mission is to create, develop, promote, and support quality business opportunities in the Salem-Roanoke County Community.
As our mission statement declares, one of our main goals is to strengthen the business climate of the community. In doing so, referrals are an integral part of building up the business in our area. These referrals come through member-to-member benefits, members acting as a resource, as well as community members calling the office for information. All referrals that are given out by Chamber staff are Chamber members.
- Ads available through the monthly e-newsletter, Business Directory & Buyer’s Guide, website, and Valley Life
- Membership Mailing List utilization for special promotions
- Sponsorship of Events
- Corporate listing in the Business Directory & Buyers’ Guide and on the website
- Lobby space utilized for members corporate rack cards or business cards
- eBURST to membership and list events on website calendar
The Chamber provides a variety of opportunities for member participation through events including:
- Business Showcase Schmooza Palooza
- Annual Gala
- Blue Ridge Kite Festival
- Annual Classic Golf Tournament
- Kegs & Barrels Wine & Craft Beer Festival
- Salem Christmas Parade
- Gingerbread Festival
- Amazing Chamber Quest
- Networking Breakfasts
- Various seminars and programs
- Regional Development Committee- Works to promote economic development and regional cooperation by encouraging programs that bring education and employers together to enhance career business in the Region.
- Blue Ridge Kite Festival Committee- An energized group of volunteers from across the region. This popular annual event is hosted sponsors who value this popular outdoor quality of life event. Join award-winning kite enthusiasts at Green Hill Park on the third Saturday in April. As many as 10,000 people attend each year.
- Golf Tournament Committee- Works to create an upscale golf event for over 250 businesses, government,and educational leaders. This annual event offers recreation within an excellent networking environment and supports the Chamber's business programs.
- Ambassador Committee- Works to sustain current memberships, develop new memberships, and reinforce the line of communication between Chamber members. Ambassadors are highly visible leaders for all Chamber events and meetings.
- Board of Directors- The guiding leadership of Chamber activity; sets all organizational policies and programs. Acts on advisement of the Executive Board.
- Business Owners Roundtable- Organizes lunch meetings for peer groups discussions,referrals,and programs.
- Business Showcase Committee-Works to highlight members to public through the Chamber's annual Business Showcase.
- The Annual Gala Committee- A core group of individuals that come together to put on one of the Valley's premiere events. Members and the community can enjoy a night of dinner and dancing to one of the nation's top party bands.
- Annual Scholarship Committee -A select group that serves short term to evaluate scholarship applicants from Salem and Roanoke County schools.
- Wine and Craft Beer Festival Committee- This group is comprised of volunteers who seek to engage local Virginia wineries and breweries in a community wine and beer tasting event. This annual festival offers an opportunity to relax ,savor, and enjoy the beauty of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
- Gingerbread Festival Committee- A group of individuals dedicated to enriching the holiday spirit within the community. The festival provides opportunities for families to gather for a day of free Holiday fun.