Plans have begun for the 62nd Annual Salem Christmas Parade, scheduled for Friday, December 7, 2018 at 6:30 pm. If bad weather forces a cancellation, the parade will be rescheduled for Monday, December 10, 2018.
The Salem-Roanoke County Chamber of Commerce, the Salem Kiwanis Club, and the Salem Parks & Recreation Dept. would like to invite you to submit your entry for the parade.
Categories are Children’s Group, Religious Group, Band, and Old Fashioned Christmas. Entries may be bands, floats, marching units, car clubs, etc.
ENTRY FEES AND DEADLINES
Forms must be completed and returned as follows:
- Postmarked before November 10th: Non-Profit $40, all others $50
- Postmarked November 10th – 19th: add a late fee of $20
- Postmarked after November 19th: fee is $150
Each entry will received a copy of the parade rules, some of which are listed as follows:
- The “official” Santa will be riding on the fire truck at the end of the parade. No other Santa is permitted.
- Vehicles and floats must be decorated with a Christmas theme. Failure to comply will result in removal of your entry and you will not be judged.
- Must be handed and not thrown and must not cause a delay in the parade.
- Are permitted and must be on a leash.
- A current rabies vaccination certificate must be on file with the Chamber and current tags must be available.
- All waste must be picked up immediately and properly disposed.
MOVEMENT AND GAPS IN THE PARADE
- Please be aware of any gaps created during the parade. Entries that cause large delays may be denied future participation.
- Anyone wishing to sell products at the parade will need to contact the Commissioner of Revenue for the City of Salem, (540)375-3019.
*Any violations of the above will disqualify you from participation.
All entries will be judged and prizes will be awarded for the following:
1. Best Marching Band
2. Best Religious Group
3. Best Children’s Group
4. Best Old Fashioned Christmas
Details and instructions regarding line-up and time will be mailed to the primary contact no later than November 20th. Please be sure the contact on your registration form is the person responsible for your parade entry.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Chamber office at: (540) 387-0267 or info@S-RCChamber.org